Miya Ponsetto – Know 15 things about SoHo Karen: Miya Ponsetto, aka SoHo Karen, is an Instagram influencer. She came to the headlines after blaming and beating a black kid, Keyon Harrold jr, for stealing her iPhone.
According to Miya Ponsetto, racism had no part in the occurrence. She stated that she has not done anything wrong. Ponsetto also stated that she is a girl, and how can one girl accuse another of a phone crime.
Ponsetto acknowledged and apologized for shouting and hurting her emotions. But she disputed the other additional charges.
Miya explained everything with extreme reaction. She stated how a person feel if he/she was all alone in a country, preparing to spend time with his/her family over the holidays, and suddenly he/she lost all the possibilities of returning home.
She not only denied the attack and racism but also accused she was thrown to the ground. Miya went on to say that the child’s father snatched her hair and pulled her across the ground.
She is also famous for protesting and throwing sunglasses at the cops following her arrest for DUI back in 2020.
Table of Contents
Miya Taylor Ponsetto was born on May 27, 1998, in Simi Valley, California, United States. She is currently 23 years old (as of 2022). Ponsetto holds American citizenship and her birth sign is Gemini.
- Full Name: Miya Ponsetto
- Famous as: SoHo Karen
- D.O.B: May 27, 1998 (05.27.1998)
- Present Age: 23 years old (as of 2022)
- Birthplace: Simi Valley, California, United States
- Nationality: American
- Profession/ Occupation: Will update
- Net Worth: $1 Million (approx.)
- Birth Sign: Gemini
Miya Ponsetto Family
Miya was born and raised in an American family. She is the daughter of Nicole Ponsetto (Mother). According to some sources, her father’s name is Eric Ponsetto. Miya’s parents were involved in the violence and they had to handle it with the media and cops.
At the age of 43, Miya’s mother Nichole was caught over by Ventura County Sheriffs in the town of Fillmore, California, U.S. The reason remained unclear. She has a sibling who has deleted his Instagram account to escape the commotion.
- Parent’s Name: Nicole Ponsetto (Mother), Eric Ponsetto (Father)
- Brother’s and Sisiter’s Name (Siblings): Not Known
- Marital Status: Unmarried
- Husband/ Spouse: None
- Children: None
Information about her Education and Love Life
Ponsetto graduated from Simi Valley High School, California, where she was also a member of the cheerleading group.
Miya has also not revealed anything about her love life. Due to the problem created in 2021, she has not revealed anything about her boyfriend and dating.
- Boyfriend: Not Known
- Ex-Boyfriend: Not Known
- Dating History: N/A
In January 2021, Miya Ponsetto had more than 1k followers on her private Instagram account. We have no idea about her Twitter and Facebook profiles. She has few followers on her Pinterest and Etsy accounts.
Because of Ponsetto’s fame, there was an account, arrestmiyaponsetto, on Instagram. That account had over 5000 followers.
What is Miya Ponsetto Net Worth?
The estimated net worth of Miya Ponsetto is $1 million (as of 2022). Her estimated net worth in 2021 was $500k.
By Profession: Not Known
Net Worth in 2022: $1 Million (approx.)
Salary in 2022: Not known
Net Worth in 2021: $500k (approx.)
You may be shocked to know that Ponsetto was arrested for the 2021 assault was not her first arrest. Earlier, she was arrested two times; first in February 2020, with her mother for taking a hard drink at a Beverly Hills Hotel, and later on September 1, 2020, for driving license.
The second time; a property management company sued charged Ponsetto in 2019 in Los Angeles Superior Court for $1,250 in rent at Sun Valley, California, United States. There was an apartment with a guy she was living with.
Miya Ponsetto – Know 15 things about SoHo Karen from Simi Valley, California, U.S
- Ponsetto stated that she is Italian, Vietnamese, Puerto Rican, and Greek origin.
- Miya Ponsetto grew up and raised in Simi Valley, California, United States. She has also resided in various parts of California, including Piru and Sun Valley.
- She shared a residence in Sun Valley with a guy in August 2019.
- Miya has completed her graduation from Simi Valley High School in 2016, where she was a part of cheerleading team.
- Miya and her mother seemed inebriated and refused to leave a five star hotel, The Peninsula Beverly Hills, on South Santa Monica Boulevard in Beverly Hills, California, on February 28, 2020. When Beverly Hills Cops Dept. officers arrived, her mother assaulted and misbehaved with one of them. Then the cops arrested Miya and her mother.
- She was just 22 years old when she met Keyon Harrold and Keyon Harrold jr.
- The District Attorny of Los Angeles accused Miya and her mother with being inebriated in public. Her mother was also charged with violance on a policer officer. On January 28, 2021, they were expected to appear in the court.
- Miya was arrested by the West Los Angeles, California, highway police for driving with a suspended license on May 28, 2020. She was falling to respect traffic lane near Calabasas, California. There is one more eligation against her, driving under the influence of alcohol.
- She pleded no contest to her DUI conviction and was sentenced to three years probation, three days in prison, or 30 hours of community service in lieu of three hundred ninety dollar in penalties.
- On January 14, 2021, she was ordered to participate in a nine-month alcohol & drug education and counseling program to appear in court for a sentencing hearing.
- Gayle King, the host of ”CBS This Morning”, interviewed her on January 7, 2021. After a short car chase, Ventura County Sheriff’s dept. officials caught her in California after a car chase.
- Miya appeared in court on January 8, 2021, through a video in Ventura County, CA, where she was imprisoned. She accepted to be returned to New York to face prosecution.
- A New York County grand jury indicated her on two charges of illegal confinement on June 30, 2021, as a hate crime, aggravated harassment, and endangering the welfare of a child. She pled not guilty and was represented by Paul D’ Emilia.
- Harrold family has also filed a lawsuit against Miya for the incident, which is still ongoing.
- Miya didn’t speak at the hearing, where justice Laura Ward set a Jan 10 trial date.